Visioscan VC 20plus - Skin Topography Directly Measured with the Multi-Talent
Visioscan® VC 20plus
Skin Topography Directly Measured with the Multi-Talent
The Visioscan® VC 20plus is a unique UVA-light video camera with high resolution to study the skin surface directly. The SELS® parameters (Surface Evaluation of the Living Skin) have been developed especially for this camera and are used in numerous studies. The images show the structure of the skin and the level of dryness very impressively. The camera can be used on pigmented spots and lesions and on hair. With its multi-functional software, the Visioscan® VC 20plus is a very flexible system to characterize skin surface condition easily, accurately and very economically. It had been used on board of the International Space Station ISS for several years.
Advantages of the Visioscan® Camera
The latest Visioscan® generation with improved hard- and software offer a multitude of possibilities:
- The evaluation method SELS® (Surface Evaluation of the Living Skin - developed by the Institute for Experimental Dermatology, Prof. Tronnier, University of Witten-Herdecke, Germany) analyses the grey level distribution and allows the calculation of four clinical parameters to quantitatively and qualitatively describe the skin surface as an index: Skin smoothness (Sesm), Skin roughness (Ser), Scaliness (Sesc), Wrinkles (Sew).
- In addition to the valuable SELS® calculations also other interesting parameters can be calculated: lines can be drawn on the images and the profile and the results are shown immediately. Roughness indices for up to 180 lines arranged vertically, horizontally or circularly are immediately available.
- Special parameters have been created to describe virtually the skin topography volume (mm²) and unfolded surface in %.
- Ageing parameters as anisotropy (directionality of the lines) and cell size (polygons between the visible lines) are at your disposal.
- Draw lines and free-hand objects in the picture. They can be measured accurately (e.g. length of hair after shaving, Hair thickness, pigmented spots and lesions, etc.).
Evaluation of desquamation (scaliness/dryness) of the skin with the foil Corneofix® F 20. A desquamation index is calculated.
Determination of sebum production with the foil Sebufix® F 16. The sebum production of each sebum gland can be monitored impressively in real time on the screen.
Worldwide established method with a variety of interesting studies. The Visioscan® had been used on board of the International Space Station (ISS) to monitor the astronauts’ skin state during their stay in space.*
Convenient organisation of images and results in studies. Evaluate all data together by one click.
Display quickly and easily "3D" images in false colour or grey values.
A check calibration functions ensures the accuracy of the geometry of the camera.
Small, easy to handle device for all kind of applications.
The camera can be fitted to a tripod by its special mount.
Stable connection by USB directly to the computer.
The extremely economic system can easily compete with the more expensive, complex devices.
The Visioscan® VC 20plus can be used together with the Skin-Visiometer® SV 700 USB as combination instrument.
*Study by DermaTronnier, instruments verified for space by KayserThrede GmbH on behalf of the DLR space travel management.
Check out our live feedback on eBay: