Bring Calm, Comfort and Ease to Your Injections
Have you experienced the bad feeling of needle-related procedures such as vaccinations and cosmetic injections? Use NeedleCalm, an innovative medical device capable of reducing the discomfort of injections. To enhance your comfort and diminish needle-related pain, NeedleCalm is very effective as it is a single-use adhesive pad with biocompatible medical grade silicone.
NeedleCalm is appropriate for use in procedures such as:
- Cosmetic Injections
- Intramuscular and Subcutaneous Injections
- Venepuncture Including Pathology Collection & IV Cannulae Insertion
NeedleCalm is medication free, appropriate for children and adults and usable on multiple injection sites. This device is used by nurses and immediately prior to needle insertion leading to eliminate the need for waiting too long. Clinical studies show that if you refrigerate NeedleCalm prior to use, a combination of cooling and blunt skin contacts will affect activating gate control.
NeedleCalm works in this way:
- the device is secured to the patient's skin no more than 5 cm
- It stimulates the skin by applying a light pressure and a mild cooling sensation
- The sensation blocks the flow of pain signals to the brain