Smith & Nephew Allevyn Ag Gentle Border Dressing is designed for optimally managing exudate, including a unique two-in-one solution for exuding chronic wounds and providing a rapid and sustained antibacterial action. This foam dressing lowers the pain and trauma during dressing changes. Allevyn Ag Gentle Border is ideal for use on exuding partial and full wounds such as diabetic ulcers, decubitus ulcers , donor sites , and first and second degree burns, debrided and partially thick wounds, necrotic or sloughy wounds when used in conjunction with a hydrogel dressing and fragile skin.
Benefits & Features
- Allevyn Silver Protection which supports 7-day antibacterial activity
- Allevyn’s capability to optimally manage fluids by absorbing, retaining and transpiring exudate using Triple-action Technology.
- Maintaining an optimal moist wound environment leading to the promotion of faster closure.
- Allevyn’s gentle adhesive which minimizes the pain and trauma while dressing changes.
- Staying in place for up to 7 days
- Allevyn’s cost effectiveness, long wear time and fewer dressing changes needed
Instructions For Use
- Cleanse your wound based on normal procedures
- Choose the suitable dressing size for you
- Prepare the surrounding area of your wound by cleaning it and removing excess moisture. Also, clip any excess hair to ensure close approximation to the wound.
- Remove the protector material from the dressing and anchor the adhesive side of it to your skin
- Ensure the dressing is adhered all around your wound by smoothing the dressing over the wound and removing the remaining protector material
- Allevyn Ag Gentle Border can be cut to fit elbows, heels and other awkward body parts. Remember to cut the dressing using aseptic technique
Allevyn Ag Gentle Border is designed for external use only. It is not compatible with oxidizing agents or hydrogen peroxide as these break down the dressing's absorbent polyurethane component. Allevyn Ag Gentle does not treat infected wounds, but if you use in on an infected wound, remember to manage it in accordance with institutional clinical protocols. This dressing is not compatible with topical antimicrobials. Remember to stop usage if reddening or sensitization occurs.