Smith & Nephew Allevyn Gentle Border Dressing is designed to suit various wounds and to provide an optimal moist wound environment for individuals who have sensitive or fragile skin. These versatile foam dressings are appropriate for use on wounds that are shallow, granulating, chronically and acutely exudative and fully or partially thick. They can be used on pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, surgical wounds, first and second degree burns, donor sites, skin tears and fungating ulcers. Allevyn Gentle Border Dressing is also ideal for preventing ulcers on intact skin such as pressure ulcers caused by medical devices as part of a pressure ulcer prevention protocol.
Benefits & Features
- Capable of minimizing trauma and pain of dressing changes owing to their Gentle silicone gel adhesive
- Includes Allevyn layer-action technology keeping the wound environment moist
- Easy to use, apply and remove
- Shower proof
- A barrier to bacteria
- Available in a range of sizes
Instructions For Use
- Cleanse your wound based on normal procedures
- Choose the suitable dressing size for you
- Prepare the surrounding area of your wound by cleaning it and removing excess moisture. Also, clip any excess hair to ensure close approximation to the wound.
- Remove the protector material from the dressing and anchor the adhesive side of it to your skin
- Ensure the dressing is adhered all around your wound by smoothing the dressing over the wound and removing the remaining protector material
- Allevyn gentle Border can be cut based on aseptic technique. Ensure any exposed foam areas are covered with an appropriate film dressing taking care not to cover the entire dressing
Note: You should inspect Allevyn Gentle Border dressing during the early stages of wound management. If the dressing is used on infected wounds, you should inspect and treat it as per local clinical protocol. Allevyn Gentle Border can remain in place for up to seven days depending on the surrounding skin, the wound condition or until exudate is visible and approaches the edge of the dressing pad within 1.5cm.