Molnlycke Mextra Superabsorbent Dressing is a versatile solution contributing to successful management of highly exuding wounds. Mextra Superabsorbent is intended for use on moderately to heavily exuding wounds, such as venous leg ulcers, or pressure ulcers.
- High fluid handling capacity: With a rapid fluid uptake, Mextra Superabsorbent has a high fluid absorption and retention capacity that minimizes the risk of maceration. Mextra can be used on moderately to highly exuding wounds, e.g., chronic wounds such as leg ulcers, venous leg ulcers under compression bandage. Mextra can be used together with primary dressings such as Mepitel, Mepitel One, fiber dressing or Melgisorb Plus. Mextra contains a water repellent and breathable backing material that protects against fluid strikethrough. The backing film prevents leakage and helps protect clothing and bed linen.
- Absorption and retention of exudate containing bacteria: Mextra quickly absorbs wound exudate containing bacteria. Mextra releases less bacteria in the wound than other superabsorbent dressings minimizing the risk of bacteria recontamination.
- Comfortable to use: Mextra contains soft borders (thanks to ultrasonic welding) and keeps a discreet low-profile when holding exudate, maintaining patient comfort. Thanks to its comfort, conformability and ability to maintain structure and integrity, Mextra can contribute to patients' continued mobility.
- Available in variety of sizes
- Provided with User Guide
- Provided with Product Sheet
- Provided with Patient Case Studies
- Provided with Publication about Mextra Superabsorbent in Wounds International Journal