Allevyn Ag Non-Adhesive Dressing is designed for absorbing exudate and managing partially to fully thick wounds including ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic), pressure sores, donor sites, surgical incisions, surgical excisions and first or second degree burns. Allevyn Ag Non-Adhesive is capable of creating and maintaining a moist wound environment which is an optimal environment for wound management. It is also capable of physically separating the wound and external environment, and consequently acting as a barrier to bacterial contaminations.
Benefits & Features
- Lowers the risk of excess fluid at the wound site
- Provides a rapid wound closure, and consequently lowers maceration risk, leakage and odor and allows for a longer wear time
- Diminishes bacteria load
- Enhances healing by removing some barriers to healing and allowing the host to regain control
- Easy to apply and remove and available a variety of sizes and shapes
- Offers an all-in-one solution and precludes the need for secondary retention
- Convenient, efficient and cost effective
- Waterproof, comfortable and conformable
- Provides absorption capacity for up to 7 days
- Reduces pain on removal by preventing healing tissue from growing into the dressing
- Keeps a moist wound interface
- Low allergy adhesive
- Optimally manages exudate
- Remains in place for up to 7 days depending on the wound nature and the level of exudate
- Has a breathable top film
- Has profiled edges
- Has a non-adherent contact layer
- Has a foam core
Instructions For Use
- Select a dressing that leaves at least 1/2" margin around the wound. Open the paper pouch.
- Place the white non-adherent wound contact layer on your wound.
- Bandage or tape in place.
Allevyn Ag Gentle Border is designed for external use only. It is not compatible with oxidizing agents or hydrogen peroxide as these break down the dressing's absorbent polyurethane component. Allevyn Ag Gentle does not treat infected wounds, but if you use in on an infected wound, remember to manage it in accordance with institutional clinical protocols. This dressing is not compatible with topical antimicrobials. Remember to stop usage if reddening or sensitization occurs.